ISM Services, Inc. has established itself as a leader in the development and implementation of Computer Aided Facilities Management Services (CAFM) and Computerized Maintenance Management Systems (CMMS) in a highly sensitive environment. With an ever-growing staff of hand-picked experts, we offer a wide variety of facility-related services including facilities planning, operations and maintenance, environmental and facilities threat assessment. Our solutions are delivered with the right combination of leading-edge technologies, years of experience, and unparalleled support to give organizations complete knowledge of the facilities that enable their mission to succeed.
The Human Resources Director originates and leads Human Resources practices and objectives that will provide an employee-oriented, high-performance culture that emphasizes empowerment, quality, productivity and standards, goal attainment, and the recruitment and ongoing development of a superior workforce. The Human Resources Director coordinates implementation of services, policies, and programs through Human Resources staff; reports to the Co-Founders and serves on the executive management team; and assists and advises company managers about Human Resources issues.
- Oversees the implementation of Human Resources programs through company staff. Monitors administration to established standards and procedures. Identifies opportunities for improvement and resolves any discrepancies.
- Oversees and manages the work of reporting company staff. Encourages the ongoing development of the company staff.
- Conducts a continuing study of all Human Resources policies, programs, and practices to keep management informed of new developments.
- Leads the development of department goals, objectives, and systems.
- Establishes departmental measurements that support the accomplishment of the company’s strategic goals.
- Directs the preparation and maintenance of such reports as are necessary to carry out the functions of the department. Prepares periodic reports for management, as necessary or requested, to track strategic goal accomplishment.
- Develops and administers programs, procedures, and guidelines to help align the workforce with the strategic goals of the company.
- Establishes an in-house employee training system that addresses company training needs including training needs assessment, new employee orientation or onboarding, management development, production cross-training, the measurement of training impact, and training transfer.
- Assists managers with the selection and contracting of external training programs and consultants.
- Establishes and leads the standard recruiting and hiring practices and procedures necessary to recruit and hire a superior workforce.
- Works directly with the Talent Acquisition Specialist in all standard recruiting practices as necessary.
- Determines and recommends employee relations practices necessary to establish a positive employer-employee relationship and promote a high level of employee morale and motivation.
- Conducts investigations when employee complaints or concerns are brought forth.
- Monitors and advises managers and supervisors in the progressive discipline system of the company. Monitors the implementation of a performance improvement process with non-performing employees.
- Leads competitive market research to establish pay practices and pay bands that help to recruit and retain superior staff.
- Monitors all pay practices and systems for effectiveness and cost containment.
- Leads participation in at least one salary survey per year.
- Bachelors’ Degree in Human Resources/Business/Economics/Public Relations required. Masters’ Degree preferred.
- At least 8+ years of proven work experience as a Human Resource Director, Human Resource Manager, Talent Acquisition Manager, etc.
- Broad knowledge and experience in employment law, compensation, organizational planning, organization development, employee relations, safety, and training and development.
- Demonstrated ability to serve as a successful participant on the executive management team that provides company leadership and direction.
- Demonstrated ability to interact effectively with the company Board of Directors.
- Excellent computer skills in a Microsoft Windows environment. Must include Excel and skills in database management and record keeping.
- General knowledge of various employment laws and practices.
- Experience in the administration of benefits and compensation programs and other Human Resources programs.
- Commitment to excellence and high standards
- Excellent written, verbal, organizational and interpersonal skills
- Good judgement and problem-solving skills
- Creative, flexible, and innovative team player who can multitask & manage priorities & workflow
- Ability to work independently and take initiative and be proactive
- Acute attention to detail.
- Must be willing to participate, as well as pass a background/reference check.
- Experience in Federal Government, DOD and State & Local Government preferred.