We’re looking for a talented Systems Engineer who has the experience and attitude necessary to help with the implementation and sustainment of a COTS software product for a government customer in the Washington, DC area. We’re a growing company with a team of highly dedicated and skilled IT professionals who give 100% to help our projects and company flourish. The ideal candidate for this position is a self-starter with excellent communication and organizational skills.
Analyzes user’s requirements, concept of operations documents, and high-level system architectures to develop system requirements specifications for use by developers in creating deliverables. Guides customers and end users in formulating requirements, advises alternative approaches, and conducts product demonstrations. Provides leadership for the integration of requirements, design, and technology. Incorporates new plans, designs and systems into ongoing operations. Develops technical documentation. Guides system development and implementation planning through assessment or preparation of system engineering management plans and system integration and test plans. Interacts with the customer regarding Systems Engineering technical considerations and for associated problems, issues or conflicts. Ultimate responsibility for the technical integrity of work performed and deliverables associated with the Systems Engineering area of responsibility. Communicates with other program personnel, customer management, and senior executives.
• Contributes to the development of sections of systems engineering documentation such as System Engineering Plans, Initial Capabilities Documents, Requirements specifications, and Interface Control Documents
• Participates in the development of system engineering documentation, such as System Engineering Plans, Initial Capabilities Documents, Requirements Specifications, and Interface Control Documents
• Participates in interface definition, design, and changes to the configuration between affected groups and individuals throughout the lifecycle
• Derives from the system requirements an understanding of stakeholder needs, functions that may be logically inferred and implied as essential to system effectiveness
• Generates alternative system concepts, physical architectures, and design solutions
• Defines the methods, processes, and evaluation criteria by which the systems, subsystems and work products are verified against their requirements in a written plan
• Develops system design solution that satisfies the system requirements and fulfills the functional analysis
• Develops derived requirements for Information Assurance Services (Confidentiality, Integrity, Non-repudiation, and Availability); Basic Information Assurance Mechanisms (e.g., Identification, Authentication, Access Control, Accountability); and Security Mechanism Technology (Passwords, cryptography, discretionary access control, mandatory access control, hashing, key management, etc.)
• Seven (7) years’ experience in programs and contracts of similar scope, type, and complexity within the Federal Government is required.
• BS from an accredited college or university in SE, CS, IS, Engineering Science, Engineering Management or related field is required.
• Five (5) years of additional SE experience may be substituted for a bachelor’s Degree.
• Associate Systems Engineering Professional (ASEP) technical certificate from the International Council on Systems Engineering (INCOSE), a Defense Acquisition Workforce Improvement Act (DAWIA) Systems Planning, Research, Development and Engineering (SPRDE) Level 1, or other equivalent certification is required.
• Current TS/SCI with FS clearance is required.
Candidates without the required clearance and polygraph will not be considered.